Conflict in the Bible

Conflict in the Bible
a compilation of scripture


Galatians 2:11
  11 When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.

Genesis 27:34-35 

     4 When Esau heard his father's words, he burst out with a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, Bless me— me too, my father!
    35 But he said, Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.

John 8: 42-43
   42 Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.    43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.


Genesis 32: 24-26 
24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.
    25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man.
    26 Then the man said, Let me go, for it is daybreak. But Jacob replied, I will not let you go unless you bless me.


1 Samuel 17:28
28 When Eliab, David's oldest brother, heard him speaking with the men, he burned with anger at him and asked, Why have you come down here? And with whom did you leave those few sheep in the desert? I know how conceited you are and how wicked your heart is; you came down only to watch the battle.


John 8:48-49
  48 The Jews answered him, Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?

    49 I am not possessed by a demon, said Jesus, but I honour my Father and you dishonour me.
   
Mark 9:33-34
 33 They came to Capernaum. When he was in the house, he asked them, What were you arguing about on the road?    34 But they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest.


Judges 8:1
1 Now the Ephraimites asked Gideon, Why have you treated us like this? Why didn't you call us when you went to fight Midian? And they criticised him sharply.

Ruth 1:20-21
20 Don't call me Naomi, she told them. Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter.
    21 I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The LORD has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me.



Mark 8:11-13
11 The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven.
    12 He sighed deeply and said, Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it.
    13 Then he left them, got back into the boat and crossed to the other side.



James 4:1-2
 1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?    2 You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.


Romans 12:20
20 On the contrary:
   If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.


Matthew 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptising, he said to them: You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

Exodus 18:17-18
17 Moses' father-in-law replied, What you are doing is not good.
    18 You and these people who come to you will only wear yourselves out. The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.

Acts 8:20
20 Peter answered: May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!
    21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God.



Genesis 37:19-20
19 Here comes that dreamer! they said to each other.
    20 Come now, let's kill him and throw him into one of these cisterns and say that a ferocious animal devoured him. Then we'll see what comes of his dreams.



Genesis 20:9-10
9 Then Abimelech called Abraham in and said, What have you done to us? How have I wronged you that you have brought such great guilt upon me and my kingdom? You have done things to me that should not be done.
    10 And Abimelech asked Abraham, What was your reason for doing this?



Matthew 21:12
12 Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money-changers and the benches of those selling doves.



Back

No comments:

Post a Comment